Saturday, October 6, 2012

Miscomunication 101

A few months ago after I finished mowing my client's lawn, she gave me her daughter's phone number saying she also needed yard work done. So I called up her daughter and arranged to meet up. She spoke her some American, and I spoke me some Europan, but we still had a hard time communicating...

MISS DEE
Hi I'm Miss Dee.

BRICK
Nice to meet you; I'm Brick.

MD
Huh?

BRICK
You know Brick, as in an impromptu weapon or a measurement of cocaine...

MD
Still not getting it.

BRICK
*Sigh* all in all you're just another...

MD
Oh, Brique!

BRICK
No not Breek, Brick.

MD
Uh huh. So where you from Brick?

BRICK
L.A.

MD
Huh?

BRICK
Uh, I mean "Los Angeles"

MD
Oh Amerique!

BRICK
Right, something like that.

MD
You guys invented blues!

BRICK
We invented booze? Cool, I didn't know that.

MD
No not booze! Blues.

BRICK
Huh?

MD
You know the music style created in the U.S.A.

BRICK
You must mean rap.

MD
Crap...

BRICK
No not crap, rap.

MD
I meant what I said.


And that is the story of how I met the Europan lady who taught me about the blues, and who I taught about rap. We are currently collaborating on a song that mixes blues and rap to be on Youtube shortly for viral humiliation purposes. I suggested we call ourselves the Sacré Blues. She said keep suggesting.

I could wear a beret, and eat a baguette while I rock the set!




*Don't forget to check out my book! http://mobybrickbook.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...